LIAM TRAYNOR ON HIS BUDDY MDZ

As soon as I heard Michael Del Zotto was traded, the first person I thought of was Liam Traynor. We all met Liam during HBO’s 24/7 series in 2011-12. It was meant for us to see John Tortorella’s softer side, but it did so much more. It introduced us to a special young man and a great NY Rangers fan.

Fortunately for me, Liam and I became friends on Twitter and I consider myself lucky and honored that he would let me post his thoughts on his buddy, Michael Del Zotto. Enjoy everyone.

I am proud to call Michael DelZotto my best buddy. I can remember the day I met him in January 2010 and that day I knew he was someone special. He came back with pucks and sticks for me and my twin sister.

When Coach Tortorella invited me down to the locker room, Michael would always spend time with me. We would sit on the bench by the ice and talk about the game. Then out of the blue he texted me getting my phone number from Torts.

I would always text him before and after the games, wishing him best of luck and great job. When Torts sent him down I did call him pleading to bring him back up. Well Torts explained to me the process that players go through and I need to support him. That's just what I did and it made our friendship stronger. I even spoke to Glen Sather at coach’s (Torts) dog walk to get his contract done.

In anyway I would support my buddy. We would joke around that I was his #1 fan after his family. Not only did I support Michael, but he supported me. This past summer I had surgery. Michael came and played xbox to lift my spirits. I joked and said I don't know who you are going to be on xbox, but I'm Del Zotto! He laughed and (we) played USA Vs Canada. I have to admit he did beat me, but it was a great day. I was very sad to see him traded, but know this is a good decision for him and his hockey career. I know where ever he goes we will be best buddies.

Liam Traynor

Thanks again Liam for letting us share your thoughts and Good Luck to Michael Del Zotto!

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 1
  • 3/24/2014 3:58 AM online bidding sites wrote:
    Shop from the comfort of your own home and save money while you do! Bidwow.com is a state of the art penny auction website offering the latest and greatest items on the market. Win great products at a fraction of the price all without having to leave your living room.
  • 7/14/2014 3:00 AM Urologist Des Moines wrote:
    We provide the optimal balance between “high touch” and “high tech”. While we use state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat, we also listen to our patients and design personalized care plans catering to the needs of the individual patient. We offer a full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
  • 7/15/2014 4:19 AM New Orleans orthopedic wrote:
    Dr. Richard Meyer is Board Certified and the only Fellowship / Specialty Trained Orthopedic Surgeon in both hip and knee reconstruction / replacement and Sports Medicine at Touro Infirmary.
  • 7/16/2014 4:06 AM Laparoscopic Surgery wrote:
    Dr. Marta works in conjunction with his wife – who is a gynecologist – to provide Bergen County NJ area residents with complete surgical care for the whole family.Together they provide the residents of Bergen County NJ with the finest care using the most up-to-date procedures available today.
  • 7/22/2014 3:35 AM Laser Ultralift wrote:
    Dr. Abergel has been interviewed on many television networks, including: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX, WEBMD, KCAL, KCOP, KTLA, VH1, Access Hollywood, Discovery Health and Extra.
  • 7/23/2014 4:04 AM gynecologist columbus ga wrote:
    Our practice is based on the belief that quality care begins and ends with quality people and we are proud of our caring and professional staff. We respect everyone here as a vital component of the unmatched service we provide to our patients through a collaborative team environment.
  • 7/23/2014 8:23 AM Dentist Columbia SC wrote:
    If you feel anxious when visiting the Dentist Columbia SC you can be reassured that Dentists Columbia SC will help you feel at ease. With sedation dentistry, you will be conscious, but will feel no pain, and no needles will be used in any of the treatment. You will be monitored at all times, and will always have a member of staff with you.
  • 7/24/2014 2:59 AM Weight loss Kansas wrote:
    Laser Hair Removal: When your body starts to get older, they can start sprouting hair where there never was hair before. You can reduce hair from parts of your body like your face, under your arms, your legs, or even the bikini area.
  • 7/24/2014 7:30 AM Gynecology Colorado Springs wrote:
    Academy Women’s Healthcare Associates specializes in caring for women of all ages from the first exam through menopause. As one of Colorado Springs’ premier gynecology and obstetrics groups, we understand the importance of this job and consider it an honor to care for the women of El Paso County.
  • 7/26/2014 5:50 AM Dental Assisting Indiana wrote:
    In an economic environment where job placements are the hardest to get and with most industries yet to register a positive slope of growth, the Plaza Dental Assisting School can offer you all of the necessary education, training and certification for a career that would be extremely rewarding.
  • 7/26/2014 7:34 AM kidney stone New York wrote:
    At the Urocenter of New York, we combine clinical and academic excellence in a private practice setting. For over twenty years, our staff has been committed to diagnosing and treating people with bladder and prostate conditions.

Page: 1 of 1